Video Credit: Sonia Shah and Yousra Zaki

Dubai: His Highness Sheikh Mohamed Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi and Deputy Supreme Commander of the UAE Armed Forces, expressed his deepest sympathies to the Al Maktoum family for the death of Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Deputy Ruler of Dubai and UAE Minister of Finance and Industry.

On his official Twitter account, Sheikh Mohamed wrote: “Today we lost one of our loyal men of the UAE, who dedicated his life to serve the country. May God have mercy on my brother Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid, and reward him in heaven for what he offered to his country and its people. I express my condolences to my brother Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid and the honourable Al Maktoum family for this great misfortune. May God grant them patience.”

Lt. General Sheikh Saif Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of the Interior, said: “With our hearts that believe in the judgment and destiny of God, we extend our sincerest condolences and sympathies to Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid for the death of the late Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid. He was a great humanitarian, who left an eternal imprint in the history of our nation. May God have mercy on his soul, and may he be rewarded in Paradise for his good deeds.”

Sheikh Sultan Bin Ahmed Al Qasimi, Chairman of the Sharjah Media Council, said that the late Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum was one of the heroes of the federal government since the founding of the UAE until his death, leaving behind a rich legacy of unforgettable giving and achievements.

Sheikh Sultan Bin Ahmed expressed his deepest condolences and sincere sympathy to the Al Maktoum family and the UAE. He said the late Sheikh Hamdan was close to His Highness Dr Sheikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Supreme Council Member and Ruler of Sharjah, during His Highness’s assumption of the Federal Financial Committee, in which they worked together to review the various financial affairs to be reported to the Federal Supreme Council.

Sheikha Latifa Bint Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Chairperson of Dubai Culture and Arts Authority (Dubai Culture) and member of the Dubai Council, expressed deep sadness for her uncle’s passing. On her official Instagram account, Sheikha Latifa wrote: “May God have mercy on you, my dear uncle ... you were good-hearted, and your loss is one of Dubai and the UAE. Our eyes are tearful, and the heart grieves, and although we are saddened about your separation, we can only say ‘Verily we belong to Allah, and truly to Him shall we return’.”

Sheikh Ammar Bin Humaid Al Nuaimi, Crown Prince of Ajman and Chairman of Ajman Executive Council, prayed for God to have mercy on the late Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid, a patriot, who carried out great humanitarian deeds in a number of fields. “He loved the people and participated in a number of fields with a deep passion. His love and commitment will remain in the hearts of people. I pray to God that his soul will be blessed.”

Sarah Al Amiri, the UAE’s Minister of State for Advanced Technology, said: “We belong to God and to Him we shall return. May God protect Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum … forgive him and have mercy on his soul.”

Dr Anwar Gargash, Diplomatic Advisor to the UAE President, tweeted: “Today, the UAE lost a great man; we lost a dear and magnificent man. May God have mercy on Sheikh Hamdan Bin Rashid Al Maktoum. We pray to God Almighty to give strength his children and to the honourable Al Maktoum family.”